Day 3/Biological Station/CRIRE

12/12/2018

Today was our first day of sampling. We walked alllll the way to the waterfall, which was beautiful but man it was a deadly hike. We collected our first sample at the Luttle/Rio Java. Ann and her crew end up coming up on us and we agreed to follow each other to the waterfall. We collected our sample and we kept following the Melissa trail. We end up passing them and kept chucking along. We sampled at sites that were already pre-GPS'd from a group of students from Aaniiih Nakoda College in 2015.We stopped at the first site and collected our sample. Our GPS stated that the second site wasn't too far away. We noticed that it was in the same creek so we kind of blew what the GPS site and went and found another site a little more up stream. I ate my lunch because I was so damn hungry. We were debating for awhile whether we wanted to find the waterfall or not because we were so tired and almost wanted to go back. But we decided to keep chucking along and the waterfall wasn't even that far. It was awesome because it was kind of a teaching moment. Our mentor told us to think about that moment when we are struggling in college. We thought that the waterfall was so far away and we wanted to give up because we were so tired but we kept pushing and the waterfall wasn't that far. It was a beautiful and an awesome moment to look back on when I'm feeling like I want to give up. After we got to the waterfall, we took another sample there and took the waterfall in. After about 30-45 minutes, we decided to head back. We were going to go back on the water trail but it was advised that we shouldn't because the trail was washed out. So we hiked back the same way we came and my goodness it was miserable. I was sooo tired but I made myself keep pushing. I end up ditching my group because I wanted to hurry up and get back. There was a part on the trail where I just laid down because I was so tired. But I made myself get up right away because I didn't want anybody thinking something was wrong with me. haha Anyway I made it back and came back to the casa right away and laid on the bench outside to cool off. Then I came inside and took a shower which was so refreshing! Then I took a nap because I was so played out. I napped until dinner time and went to go eat. Afterwards I came back and fell asleep cause I was so dang tired! lol goodnight! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day5/Biological Station/CRIRE

Day 1/Biological Station/CRIRE

Day 6/ Biological Station/ CRIRE